Czech & Speake Perfumes
Created by designer Frank Sawkins, Czech & Speake remains one of the last great independent brands of perfumes and personal care products. Founded in the heart of London in the historic Jermyn Street, one of the city's most exclusive and storied shopping districts, it traces its link to excellence. A history that dates back to the 17th century, when it supplied the royal palaces with the rarest and finest luxury accessories. Despite its global presence, the Czech & Speake brand remains a family-run London business, led as ever by the Sawkins family.
The Czech & Speake History and Philosophy
Czech & Speake London is not a brand everyone knows, nor should it be. From the earliest days, the Maison's perfumes have been destined for an exclusive customer, who seeks a quality product and can appreciate their unique fragrances, with their original and award-winning design. Contrary to many Maisons that debased the quality of their products after starting mass production, Czech & Speake always seeks out the best ingredients and takes the time to develop and refine them to the fullest. They trust that their customers understand the difference and that this is why they remain loyal to the brand.
Czech & Speake caters to quality connoisseurs, who are looking for the best possible perfume. Often these are historic customers with noble origins who appreciate the historic reliability of the brand, but there is also a new class: customers with refined taste, a sober style and an uncompromising appreciation for quality that has led them to seek out quality with an exclusive flavour. Czech & Speake is proud to be present with the most respected and established distributors around the world.
Czech & Speake's Formulations and Sustainability
The use of high-quality ingredients and ethically sourced has always been important to Czech & Speake. For this reason, their formulations undergo extensive research and development, selecting only the best ingredients that meet the strictest international safety and animal testing criteria. The formulations of Czech & Speake products and their design also have another very important objective: to improve their longevity, to guarantee customers a product that retains its qualities for as long as possible. Despite these standards, Czech & Speake constantly strives to make all its formulations vegan, and already 90% of them are. Czech & Speake is constantly re-evaluating its designs to reduce waste, improve recyclability and help protect the environment.
Czech & Speake 88
The most famous and iconic Czech & Speake fragrance, No.88, was launched with great enthusiasm in 1981, taking its name from their first design studio at No.88 in Jermyn Street. Blended using only the finest and rarest ingredients, the fragrance opens with a brightening note of bergamot before developing into warm, rich notes of geranium, rose otto and frangipani. A dry base of vetiver and sandalwood adds complex woody layers that linger seductively on the skin.
Since its creation, No.88 has always been the most popular gift in the Czech & Speake collection, among both men and women. A timeless and sophisticated fragrance, sought after by those who dare to be different. With this Czech & Speake perfume, you can't go wrong.
Czech & Speake Best Seller Perfumes on 50 ml:
- Czech & Speake No.88 Eau de Parfum: Top notes of geranium bergamot, rose and frangipani envelops dry base notes of vetiver and sandalwood to create this iconic woody fragrance. No.88 was Czech & Speake's first Eau de Parfum, launched in 1981. This fragrance moves away from the English perfume tradition with a more sensual and exotic scent, while maintaining the exceptional quality of the ingredients. Taking its name from Czech & Speake's first showroom on Jermyn Street, this fragrance has developed a passionate following among men and women alike.
- Czech & Speake Neroli Eau de Parfum: in this unisex citrusy scent, orange blossom and bitter orange are suffused with citrus zest to create this refreshing, long-lasting fragrance. The floral character of Neroli is emphasised by a unique and intoxicating blend of ylang-ylang, which brings out the flowers of this exotic Asian tree. Neroli Eau de Parfum presents a traditional blend of aromatic essential oils of the highest and purest quality, with deep and lasting nuances. Czech & Speake has designed an elegant frosted glass bottle, inspired by 19th-century apothecaries and embellished with a uniquely designed box reminiscent of the famous bicorn hat of Napoleon Bonaparte, a true lover of the Neroli perfume.
- Czech & Speake Dark Rose Eau de Parfum: indulge yourself in the authentic perfumery tradition of Indo-Arabia with this mysterious feminine fragrance. A rich and indulgent fragrance of exceptional quality. In this rich perfume, Dark Rose blends Taif rose and the unique Cambodian Oud, two of the most luxurious extracts in perfumery, with a spicy yet delicate heart note of lily and saffron. Dark Rose Eau de Parfum comes in a pomegranate-coloured glass apothecary bottle, embellished with a uniquely designed purple and gold box that recalls the motifs of Indo Arabia. Dark Rose contains a higher concentration of pure aromatic essential oils for a longer-lasting experience.
- Czech & Speake Cuba Eau de Parfum: an aromatic unisex fragrance inspired by the old city of Havana, its Latin rhythms, unforgettable cigars and fine aged rums. Cuba Eau de Parfum it's a heady, smoky and intense fragrance, perfect for both men and women. An initial explosion of top notes of bergamot, lime, peppermint and rum is layered with a mix of spicy and floral heart notes of carnation, bay leaf and rose. Woody base notes of tobacco, incense, cedarwood and vetiver complete this sensual fragrance. The perfume Cuba is presented in a frosted bottle of vibrant red glass, inspired by 19th-century apothecaries and stored in a uniquely designed and bold red box. This Czech & Speake fragrance features a powerful blend of the highest and purest quality aromatic essential oils, with deep and lasting nuances.
- Czech & Speake Frankincense & Myrrh Cologne Spray: a truly exotic oriental scent, inspired by the opulent fragrances and incense resins created in the ancient Orient. A spicy, unisex fragrance that is increasingly popular all year round: oriental, warm... and sacred! In Frankincense & Myrrh Cologne Spray, the rich blend of warm incense, the sharpness of myrrh and the rich woody base notes of cedarwood and sandalwood are topped by the fresh scents of orange, lemon and basil. The aroma is deep, yet refreshing and herbaceous, without overwhelming the senses. A beautiful frosted glass bottle inspired by 19th-century pharmacies marries the formulation of aromatic essential oils of the highest and purest quality.
Czech & Speake Perfumes Reviews: Check out our customer reviews!
- Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge Aftershave Shaker: I was looking for a fresh, clean-smelling aftershave to give my boyfriend. He has a very elegant style and refined taste, so I was looking for something of quality. I was recommended this Czech & Speake aftershave in the 50 ml shop in Viale Montenero, and I immediately loved it. Now apparently there are two of us happy: he likes the aftershave since he always wears it, and I in turn enjoy the scent and the victory of having found the right gift” Victoria
- Czech & Speake Vetiver Vert Eau de Parfum: “A green, balsamic, fresh scent. A marvel wrapped in an equally marvellous package, thanks to its singular and unique style. A citrusy head (bergamot and mandarin are a fantastic pairing) slips gently into a green heart of laurel and galbanum, which survives to the softly woody base of sandalwood and Haitian vetiver. The rich green of the original Czech & Speake packaging has a simple but distinct charm, well suited to this formula. I enjoyed it very much, I recommend it to those who want an intense but not overpowering scent.” Eric
- Czech & Speake Citrus Paradisi Cologne Spray: “A fresh, citrusy scent, suitable for all occasions and both sexes. An explosion of herbs and citrus opens with grapefruit and rosemary, followed by the spicy yet green notes of coriander sage. This is then enveloped by oakmoss and civet in a unique and spectacular finale. The bottle is as wonderful as all those of Czech & Speake” Hugo
- Czech & Speake Perfecto Fino Eau de Parfum: “As a Cuban smoker, I can say that sprouting this fragrance is really like opening a humidor and smelling the fresh, moist scent of a good Romeo y Julieta. Realistic tobacco, accompanied by green and citrus notes that evaporate with time, giving way to a slightly spicy aftertaste. The quality is very high, and the persistence and duration are excellent. I recommend for a strong character and used sparingly, very little is needed to have the right effect’ Edward
- Czech & Speake No.88 Moisturising Bath & Body Oil: “After trying the scent and the Czech & Speake No.88 Spray Cologne I decided to test this moisturising body oil as well. I tend to have dry skin in winter, so I try to use oils and creams to counteract it. This product left me positively impressed: used on damp skin it leaves it smooth and soft, but not oily. It has the same wonderful scent as the other 88 products, so using it in the bath water makes this personal moment even more relaxing (and the skin afterwards thanks you). I had a couple of doubts about the price at first, but it's very little and has a very convenient dispenser, so one bottle lasts for quite a while." Alex
50 ml is an official online dealer of Czech & Speake. Has Czech & Speake won you over or do you want to try other niche perfumes? Don't miss the extensive selection of artistic fragrances on our website. We would like to remind you that at 50-ml.com you can request free samples with every order you place - just enter your preferences at check-out! Or you can try Czech & Speake perfumes in Milan, in our store in Viale Montenero 16. 50 ml offers the chance to buy samples of Czech & Speake and the best niche perfumes: try them all and find the one that suits you best! The best niche perfume samples are waiting for you!